Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Sweet and Sour Brats with Sauerkraut
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 to 8 |
Authentic German cuisine with a little twist.
|1 jar sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained|
|1 cup applesauce|
|1/2 cup apple juice|
|1 onion, sliced|
|1 Tbsp. butter|
|2 Tbsp. brown sugar|
|1 large apple, cored and cubed|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|to taste salt|
|to taste black pepper|
- In a large saucepan, simmer sauerkraut with applesauce and apple juice for 20 minutes.
- In a large deep skillet, heat butter over medium heat; add onions and sauté, stirring frequently, until very soft, about 10 minutes. Add brown sugar, and cook for 5 more minutes. The onions should be caramelized. Add apple pieces and sauté for 5 more minutes until apples are just tender. Add to sauerkraut along with cinnamon, salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Grill bratwurst directly over fire, turning, until evenly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove bratwurst from grill and serve with sauerkraut.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >