Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Apple Sweet and Sour Brats with Sauerkraut
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 to 8 |
Authentic German cuisine with a little twist.
|1 jar sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained|
|1 cup applesauce|
|1/2 cup apple juice|
|1 onion, sliced|
|1 Tbsp. butter|
|2 Tbsp. brown sugar|
|1 large apple, cored and cubed|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|to taste salt|
|to taste black pepper|
- In a large saucepan, simmer sauerkraut with applesauce and apple juice for 20 minutes.
- In a large deep skillet, heat butter over medium heat; add onions and sauté, stirring frequently, until very soft, about 10 minutes. Add brown sugar, and cook for 5 more minutes. The onions should be caramelized. Add apple pieces and sauté for 5 more minutes until apples are just tender. Add to sauerkraut along with cinnamon, salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Grill bratwurst directly over fire, turning, until evenly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove bratwurst from grill and serve with sauerkraut.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >