Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hot and Sour Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Enjoy this classic soup in the comfort of your home.
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|6 cups beef broth|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1 cup canned straw mushrooms, drained|
|1 cup canned sliced bamboo shoots, drained|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
|3 tablespoons cold water|
|3 egg whites, lightly beaten|
|1 tablespoon white vinegar|
|1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce|
|1 cup chopped tofu, optional|
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add broth and soy sauce. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and tofu into pan. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Mix well. Add cornstarch mixture to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soup thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir egg whites, vinegar, and red pepper sauce into pan. Cook, stirring, until egg whites are set, about 1 minute. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >