Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Banana Bread Pudding
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A great choice for Fall baking.
|1/3 cup raisins|
|2 tablespoons dark rum, plus 1/4 cup|
|2 tablespoons butter, more for greasing pan|
|3 bananas, peeled, halved crosswise and then lengthwise|
|5 tablespoons sugar|
|2 cups whipping cream|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|8 oz firm white bread slices, crusts trimmed, each slice cut into 3 strips|
|1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans|
- Combine raisins and 2 tablespoons rum in a small bowl. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bananas and 2 tablespoons sugar and cook until bananas are tender, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Combine whipping cream, eggs, vanilla extract and remaining 1/4 cup rum and remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar in a medium bowl and whisk to blend. Grease a medium loaf pan with butter.
- Arrange 1/3 of bread strips crosswise in bottom of prepared pan. Arrange 6 banana pieces atop bread. Sprinkle with half of raisins and half of pecans. Arrange 1/3 of bread strips crosswise atop bananas. Pour half of egg mixture over. Arrange remaining banana pieces atop bread. Sprinkle with remaining raisins and pecans. Arrange remaining bread strips crosswise atop bananas. Pour remaining egg mixture over. Press gently on top layer to compact. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Bake bread pudding until puffed and golden and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool slightly. Cut bread pudding into slices.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >