Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Banana Bread Pudding
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A great choice for Fall baking.
|1/3 cup raisins|
|2 tablespoons dark rum, plus 1/4 cup|
|2 tablespoons butter, more for greasing pan|
|3 bananas, peeled, halved crosswise and then lengthwise|
|5 tablespoons sugar|
|2 cups whipping cream|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|8 oz firm white bread slices, crusts trimmed, each slice cut into 3 strips|
|1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans|
- Combine raisins and 2 tablespoons rum in a small bowl. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bananas and 2 tablespoons sugar and cook until bananas are tender, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Combine whipping cream, eggs, vanilla extract and remaining 1/4 cup rum and remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar in a medium bowl and whisk to blend. Grease a medium loaf pan with butter.
- Arrange 1/3 of bread strips crosswise in bottom of prepared pan. Arrange 6 banana pieces atop bread. Sprinkle with half of raisins and half of pecans. Arrange 1/3 of bread strips crosswise atop bananas. Pour half of egg mixture over. Arrange remaining banana pieces atop bread. Sprinkle with remaining raisins and pecans. Arrange remaining bread strips crosswise atop bananas. Pour remaining egg mixture over. Press gently on top layer to compact. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Bake bread pudding until puffed and golden and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool slightly. Cut bread pudding into slices.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >