Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tomato and Sausage Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Hearty and incredibly delicious.
|4 oz finely chopped smoked sausage|
|4 oz thin sliced smoked sausage|
|4 oz finely chopped chorizo|
|4 oz thin sliced chorizo|
|1 cup chopped red onions|
|2 teaspoons Creole seasoning|
|1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|1 tablespoon chopped garlic|
|1 bay leaf|
|6 tomatoes, peeled, seeded andchopped|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- In a large saucepan, fry the bacon over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the chopped and sliced sausages and cook with the bacon until the fat is rendered and all the meat is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, Creole seasoning, and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the bay leaf, tomatoes and stock and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spoon soup into bowls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >