Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tomato and Sausage Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Hearty and incredibly delicious.
|4 oz finely chopped smoked sausage|
|4 oz thin sliced smoked sausage|
|4 oz finely chopped chorizo|
|4 oz thin sliced chorizo|
|1 cup chopped red onions|
|2 teaspoons Creole seasoning|
|1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|1 tablespoon chopped garlic|
|1 bay leaf|
|6 tomatoes, peeled, seeded andchopped|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- In a large saucepan, fry the bacon over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the chopped and sliced sausages and cook with the bacon until the fat is rendered and all the meat is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, Creole seasoning, and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the bay leaf, tomatoes and stock and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spoon soup into bowls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >