Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Creamy Macaroni & Cheese with Crispy Bacon
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Boxed mac and cheese are a thing of the past.
|1 lb elbow pasta|
|2 cans evaporated milk, 12oz. each|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 lb grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese|
|1/2 lb bacon|
|1 tablespoon salt|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Add the salt and pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain water.
- Combine evaporated milk and chicken broth in a pot, heat to medium; cook until hot and steamy (not boiling). Melt butter in the empty pasta pot, whisk in flour and milk mixture. Continue to whisk until thick and bubbly, about 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in mustard and Parmesan cheese, season with pepper. Turn off the heat and stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Turn heat to low and add pasta back into pot and stir until everything is well combined.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let sit until cool enough to touch. Chop bacon into small pieces and stir into macaroni.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >