Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Stuffed Pork Roast
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A supremely satisfying pork roast everyone can enjoy.
|3 lb pork loin roast|
|3/4 lb Italian sausage, chopped|
|1 cup chopped red apples|
|2 tablespoons minced shallots|
|3/4 cup chopped walnuts|
|1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Brown sausage in a saute pan. Add apples and shallots and cook 3 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add walnuts and parsley, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Let cool before stuffing.
- Split the pork roast horizontally, forming a pocket; do not cut all the way through. Season roast inside and out with salt and pepper. Pack stuffing in the center and tie roast with enough butcher's twine to hold it together.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add roast and sear on all sides until well-browned. Transfer to a rack set in a roasting pan and roast until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145 to 150 degrees F, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove roast to a carving board, cover loosely with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >