Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Enjoy this deconstructed cheeseburger any day of the week.
|12 oz lean ground beef|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 yellow onion, diced|
|1 1/2 cups hash brown potatoes, frozen, thawed|
|1 cup tomato sauce|
|1 cup crushed tomatoes|
|1/2 teaspoon dried basil|
|3 slices American cheese, cut into strips, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place beef on a paper towel-lined plate and drain. Wipe out skillet.
- Spray skillet with more cooking spray. Add garlic, bell pepper, onion, and potatoes. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in beef, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and basil.
- Spoon half of beef mixture into a large baking dish. Top with cheese strips. Spoon remaining beef mixture on top. Cover dish with foil. Bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
- To prepare topping, using a 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut cheese into shapes. Place over beef mixture for the last 5 minutes of baking. Serve immediately.
|Main Ingredient:||Ground Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >