Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
New York Steak with Crushed Peppercorns
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A steakhouse quality steak you can make at home.
|2 tablespoons black, crushed|
|2 tablespoons white, crushed|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
|6 New York strip steaks|
|2 tablespoons cooking oil, almond of safflower|
|1 cup port|
|1/2 cup brown veal stock|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped|
- Pour crushed peppercorns and kosher salt in a heavy saucepan. Pour cooking oil in the pan. Bring to high heat. Once hot, place steaks in skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side. (For medium rare) Remove steaks from skillet and transfer to a warm plate and cover.
- Pour grease out of skillet. Pour pot into skillet. Bring skillet to a simmer, reduce liquid to half. Pour veal stock and heavy cream into skillet. Stir liquids and cook until liquids are reduced to half. Slowly whisk small amount of butter into skillet. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer steaks to serving plates. Pour equal amounts of skillet sauce over steaks. Sprinkle green peppercorns over top and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >