Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
New York Steak with Crushed Peppercorns
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A steakhouse quality steak you can make at home.
|2 tablespoons black, crushed|
|2 tablespoons white, crushed|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
|6 New York strip steaks|
|2 tablespoons cooking oil, almond of safflower|
|1 cup port|
|1/2 cup brown veal stock|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped|
- Pour crushed peppercorns and kosher salt in a heavy saucepan. Pour cooking oil in the pan. Bring to high heat. Once hot, place steaks in skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side. (For medium rare) Remove steaks from skillet and transfer to a warm plate and cover.
- Pour grease out of skillet. Pour pot into skillet. Bring skillet to a simmer, reduce liquid to half. Pour veal stock and heavy cream into skillet. Stir liquids and cook until liquids are reduced to half. Slowly whisk small amount of butter into skillet. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer steaks to serving plates. Pour equal amounts of skillet sauce over steaks. Sprinkle green peppercorns over top and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >