Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Calamari Steaks with Lemon Caper Sauce and Broccolini
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
This seafood dish is unlike anything you’ve had before.
|4 frozen calamari steaks, thawed|
|1 tablespoon bottled capers in brine, rinsed and drained|
|1 lb broccolini, trimmed|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed in a garlic press|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2/3 cup water|
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 tablespoon water|
|1/4 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes|
|Lemon wedges, for garnish|
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy skillet. Bring skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add red pepper flakes and garlic. Stir regularly for 30 seconds, until contents are golden brown. Add broccolini to skillet, coat evenly with oil. Add 1/3 cup water and cover skillet. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Transfer skillet contents to a large plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour remaining olive oil into a separate skillet. Bring skillet to high heat. While skillet is heating up, combine Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, black pepper and flour in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl combine, add egg and 1/3 cup water, lightly beat ingredients together. Dredge calamari steak in flour mixture, shake off excess and dip in egg mixture. Repeat with remaining calamari steaks. Place battered calamari steaks in the hot skillet. Saute for 90 seconds, turning steaks only once. Transfer calamari steaks to broccolini plate, cover to keep warm.
- Pour out liquid fat from calamari skillet. Add butter, capers and lemon juice to skillet. Bring skillet to medium heat and cook for 45 seconds. Pour lemon caper sauce over calamari steaks to serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >