Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Skillet Roasted Chicken
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Forget fried chicken, skillet roasted is absolutely delicious
|8 chicken breasts, with bones and skin|
|1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped|
|1 clove garlic, cut into 8 slices|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Using your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from the meat. Tuck some of the parsley and 1 slice of garlic under the skin of each breast. Season both sides of the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Warm 1 tablespoon of the oil in an ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken to the skillet, skin-side down, and cook until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Transfer the chicken to baking sheet. Roast until the skin is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >