Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Skillet Roasted Chicken
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Forget fried chicken, skillet roasted is absolutely delicious
|8 chicken breasts, with bones and skin|
|1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped|
|1 clove garlic, cut into 8 slices|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Using your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from the meat. Tuck some of the parsley and 1 slice of garlic under the skin of each breast. Season both sides of the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Warm 1 tablespoon of the oil in an ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken to the skillet, skin-side down, and cook until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Transfer the chicken to baking sheet. Roast until the skin is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >