Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mashed Potato Casserole
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Perfect for making ahead and reheating.
|6 cloves garlic, peeled|
|1 cup whole milk, warmed|
|8 oz cream cheese|
|1 bay leaf|
|3 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks|
|1 cup sour cream|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|Butter, room temperature, for greasing and cooking|
|2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces, more for buttering|
|4 thyme sprigs|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon seasoned salt, more to taste|
- Grease a 2 & 1/2 quart baking dish with butter.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Fill pot until potatoes are covered. Add kosher salt, garlic and the bay leaf. Place lid on top of pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover pot and let simmer for 20 minutes. Drain water and let potatoes stand for 3 minutes.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a food processor or mash together by hand until potatoes and garlic and well combined and smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup milk, cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir until well combined. Season with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to baking dish. Top with 2 tablespoons of small pieces of butter. Wrap dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350° F. Remove plastic wrap and bake for about one hour. (Top should be golden brown)
|Cooking Method:||Boil, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >