Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tangerine Glazed Ham
Rate this Recipe
Recipe #822 | Serves 8-10 |
|12 lb Kurobuta ham|
|2 -25 whole cloves|
|1/2 cup Dijon mustard|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|4 shallots, minced|
|1 onion, diced|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|1 cup Madeira wine|
|2 cups Heaven and Earth Tangerine Sauce|
|1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|1 tbsp ground cinnamon|
- Remove Kurobuta ham from the refrigerator at least 45 minutes prior to cooking and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Remove the ham from the wrappings.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan. Cut cross hatch over ham and spike with cloves in the crossed point of each diamond. Rub mustard over ham and sprinkle top with brown sugar then cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound. Cooking times vary with size and temperature of ham. (Approximate cooking times are 5 hours for a whole ham and 2.5 to 3 hours for half a ham).
- Meanwhile, make the Heaven and Earth Tangerine Glaze. In pan sauté shallots and onion in olive oil for 5 to 7 minutes. Add wine, tangerine sauce, orange juice concentrate, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the glaze into the bottom of the roasting pan as soon as you are done making it. Baste every the ham with the glaze every 30-45 minutes until the center of the ham reaches 135 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Allow the ham to rest tented with foil for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
|Recipe Author:||Glenn Chu|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >