Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Buttery, Crisp and Full of Flavor
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup sliced almonds|
|1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar|
|1 cup whole wheat pastry flour|
|1/3 cup cane sugar|
|1 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips|
|1 tablespoon chia seeds, (mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water)|
|1 cup flour, (more for flouring work surface)|
|1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|1/2 cup chopped strawberries|
|8 tablespoon vegan butter spread|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine salt, wheat pastry flour, cane sugar, flour, butter spread and baking powder. Work together with hands.
- Pour almond extract, chia seeds and milk/apple cider mix into dough. Use low setting on beater to combine until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, strawberries and almonds.
- Flour a working surface and form dough into a ball. Flatten dough ball into a 12-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange scones on parchment paper. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. (Scones should be golden brown on top)
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >