Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Buttery, Crisp and Full of Flavor
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup sliced almonds|
|1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar|
|1 cup whole wheat pastry flour|
|1/3 cup cane sugar|
|1 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips|
|1 tablespoon chia seeds, (mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water)|
|1 cup flour, (more for flouring work surface)|
|1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|1/2 cup chopped strawberries|
|8 tablespoon vegan butter spread|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine salt, wheat pastry flour, cane sugar, flour, butter spread and baking powder. Work together with hands.
- Pour almond extract, chia seeds and milk/apple cider mix into dough. Use low setting on beater to combine until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, strawberries and almonds.
- Flour a working surface and form dough into a ball. Flatten dough ball into a 12-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange scones on parchment paper. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. (Scones should be golden brown on top)
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >