Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pork Shoulder Roast with Pomegranates
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Seasoned to perfection with a hint of sweetness.
|2 teaspoons raw sugar|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Kosher salt, (to taste)|
|3 lb bone-in pork shoulder|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 cup water|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Rub pork shoulder with minced garlic. Coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Place pork shoulder in roasting pan and place in the oven. Cook for 1 hour.
- As pork is roasting, roll pomegranates on countertop. Cut small section of top off each pomegranate and then soak in water for 10 minutes. Break open pomegranates in water. (Arils will fall to bottom) Empty water and discard all but pomegranate arils.
- Place pomegranate arils in a pot and pour in water. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. After boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes. (Stir arils occasionally) Strain arils and gently press to extract juices. Reserve a small amount of arils for garnish.
- Pour pomegranate liquid in a saucepan, bring to medium heat. Once liquid is reduced, add raw sugar, balsamic vinegar and ground cinnamon and stir together well. Remove from heat
- Remove pork form oven and baste with pomegranate mixture from sauce pan. Place back in oven and roast for an additional 1 1/2 hours.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >