Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sausage and Apple Stuffing
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
An update to a classic recipe.
|2 sticks butter, (plus 3 tablespoons for frying)|
|2 cups water|
|1 box Western Family Stuffing Mix|
|1 lb pork sausage, (not links)|
|1 onion, diced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 stalks celery, diced|
|3 apples, cored, sliced|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|Water, for boiling|
- Melt butter in a large pot with water on medium heat. When melted add dry stuffing mix, stir well. Set aside.
- In a large pan set over medium high heat melt 1 tablespoon butter and add sausage. With a wooden spoon break up pork and saute until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Transfer sausage to paper towels to drain. In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter and melt. Add onions, garlic and celery, saute until onions are translucent and celery is crisp tender.
- Add walnuts and saute for 1 minute.
- Add apples and saute for additional minute. Remove from heat. Combine cornbread stuffing with sauteed ingredients.
- Stuffing is ready to bake in turkey.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >