Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sausage and Apple Stuffing
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
An update to a classic recipe.
|2 sticks butter, (plus 3 tablespoons for frying)|
|2 cups water|
|1 box Western Family Stuffing Mix|
|1 lb pork sausage, (not links)|
|1 onion, diced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 stalks celery, diced|
|3 apples, cored, sliced|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|Water, for boiling|
- Melt butter in a large pot with water on medium heat. When melted add dry stuffing mix, stir well. Set aside.
- In a large pan set over medium high heat melt 1 tablespoon butter and add sausage. With a wooden spoon break up pork and saute until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Transfer sausage to paper towels to drain. In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter and melt. Add onions, garlic and celery, saute until onions are translucent and celery is crisp tender.
- Add walnuts and saute for 1 minute.
- Add apples and saute for additional minute. Remove from heat. Combine cornbread stuffing with sauteed ingredients.
- Stuffing is ready to bake in turkey.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >