Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sausage and Apple Stuffing
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
An update to a classic recipe.
|2 sticks butter, (plus 3 tablespoons for frying)|
|2 cups water|
|1 box Western Family Stuffing Mix|
|1 lb pork sausage, (not links)|
|1 onion, diced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 stalks celery, diced|
|3 apples, cored, sliced|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|Water, for boiling|
- Melt butter in a large pot with water on medium heat. When melted add dry stuffing mix, stir well. Set aside.
- In a large pan set over medium high heat melt 1 tablespoon butter and add sausage. With a wooden spoon break up pork and saute until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Transfer sausage to paper towels to drain. In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter and melt. Add onions, garlic and celery, saute until onions are translucent and celery is crisp tender.
- Add walnuts and saute for 1 minute.
- Add apples and saute for additional minute. Remove from heat. Combine cornbread stuffing with sauteed ingredients.
- Stuffing is ready to bake in turkey.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >