Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheddar Jalapeno Scones
Rate this Recipe
Serves 30 |
Cheesy, spicy and oh so delicious!
|1 1/2 sticks butter, (cut into small cubes)|
|1/2 cup sliced jalapenos, (from jar)|
|3 1/2 cups flour, (more for working surface)|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/3 lb sharp cheddar cheese, (cut into small cubes)|
|1 tablespoon jalapeno juice, (from jar)|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together salt, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add a few butter cubes at a time and mix together. Continue until all butter is used. (Mixture will resemble coarse crumbs)
- Add jalapenos and cheese cubes to mixture. Mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, combine jalapeno juice, cream, egg and milk. Pour milk mixture over the cheesy mixture. Stir together.
- Flour a working surface, turn dough out onto surface and knead with hands. Work dough into a rectangle shape and sprinkle flour over top. Roll dough into a 8 inch by 16 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 15 squares and then cut each square diagonally into 30 triangles.
- Arrange triangles on baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 14-17 minutes. (Until triangles are golden)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool then enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >