Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Italian-Style Chicken Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Lunchtime can't come any sooner.
|1/4 cup tomato pesto|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|3/4 lb chicken breasts, skinless, boneless|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 loaf of ciabatta bread, cut in half horizontally|
|16 basil leaves|
|3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup sliced red bell peppers|
|1 tomato, thinly sliced|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- In a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise then set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and done. Remove from skillet to a cutting board and allow chicken to cool slightly. Cut chicken into thin slices, lengthwise.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place ciabatta, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil until lightly browned, for about 3 minutes. Remove ciabatta from pan.
- Spread pesto mixture evenly over bread halves.
- Place chicken slices evenly over bottom half of ciabatta. Evenly place basil leaves atop chicken then sprinkle with cheese; place under broiler and broil for 2 minutes, or until cheese melts. Place bell pepper and tomato on top of cheese, cover with top half of bread then cut into 4 equal pieces.
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken Breast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >