Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Corned Beef on Rye
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A full-flavored classic sandwich that so easy to make!
|3 cups onion, (sliced thin)|
|2 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|3/4 cup sauerkraut, (drained)|
|1/2 Granny Smith apple, (grated)|
|3 tablespoons water|
|1/2 stick butter, (unsalted, for buttering bread)|
|8 slices rye bread|
|1 clove garlic, (halved)|
|1 dill pickle, (sliced very thin)|
|3/4 lb corned beef, (sliced thin)|
|1 cup Swiss cheese, (coarsely grated)|
|Mustard, (for garnish)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, add onions, stir and cook until golden.
- Once onions are cooked, add sauerkraut and apple to skillet, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add water, season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet ingredients to a bowl.
- Preheat broiler. Set rack 4-inches from heat source.
- Place garlic in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour garlic into a small bowl, combine with butter.
- Butter one side of each slice of rye bread. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven.
- Broil they lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
- Evenly divide pickles and corned beef among each slice. Spread onion mixture and cheese on top. Broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Place halves together to form sandwiches. Serve with mustard and enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Broil, Pan-Fry|
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >