Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Corned Beef on Rye
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A full-flavored classic sandwich that so easy to make!
|3 cups onion, (sliced thin)|
|2 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|3/4 cup sauerkraut, (drained)|
|1/2 Granny Smith apple, (grated)|
|3 tablespoons water|
|1/2 stick butter, (unsalted, for buttering bread)|
|8 slices rye bread|
|1 clove garlic, (halved)|
|1 dill pickle, (sliced very thin)|
|3/4 lb corned beef, (sliced thin)|
|1 cup Swiss cheese, (coarsely grated)|
|Mustard, (for garnish)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, add onions, stir and cook until golden.
- Once onions are cooked, add sauerkraut and apple to skillet, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add water, season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet ingredients to a bowl.
- Preheat broiler. Set rack 4-inches from heat source.
- Place garlic in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour garlic into a small bowl, combine with butter.
- Butter one side of each slice of rye bread. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven.
- Broil they lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
- Evenly divide pickles and corned beef among each slice. Spread onion mixture and cheese on top. Broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Place halves together to form sandwiches. Serve with mustard and enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Pan-Fry, Broil|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >