Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheese and Rice Kasha
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A true Russian staple, kasha completes the meal.
|2 tablespoons butter|
|7 oz grated cheese, (your preference)|
|1 1/2 cups rice|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|3 cups water|
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Run rice under water, add to skillet. Fry until lightly browned.
- Pour water into a pot. Add rice to pot, bring to a boil. Reduce to low, season with salt, cook for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, sprinkle cheese over rice and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >