Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheese and Rice Kasha
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A true Russian staple, kasha completes the meal.
|2 tablespoons butter|
|7 oz grated cheese, (your preference)|
|1 1/2 cups rice|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|3 cups water|
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Run rice under water, add to skillet. Fry until lightly browned.
- Pour water into a pot. Add rice to pot, bring to a boil. Reduce to low, season with salt, cook for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, sprinkle cheese over rice and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >