Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mashed Potatoes with Turkey Bacon
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A healthier way to enjoy a classic game time appetizer.
|2 lbs potatoes, (gold, halved)|
|1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, (shredded, extra-sharp)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1/4 cup chives, (chopped)|
|6 slices turkey bacon|
|Salt, (to taste)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Arrange turkey bacon on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, until bacon is crispy.
- Place potatoes into medium pot, fill with water until potatoes are covered. Bring pot to a boil, then add salt. Cook for 15 minutes. Let cool, then crumble.
- Drain water, mash potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add buttermilk and season with pepper and salt. Stir together.
- Stir in Cheddar and chives, fold in bacon. Enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Bake, Boil|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >