Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Crushed Candy Cane Macaroons
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A tasty gluten-free dessert that’s extra festive for the holiday season.
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 tablespoons milk|
|1 cup almond meal flour|
|2 candy canes, (crushed)|
|1 stick butter|
|2 1/3 cups powdered sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|3 egg whites, (room temperature)|
|2 teaspoons red food coloring, (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Combine and sift together 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar and almond flour.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Once soft peaks are formed, slowly add the powered sugar/almond flour mix in. Stir together until stiff peaks are formed.
- If using food coloring, add to mixture and continue stirring until evenly distributed.
- Pour macaroon mix onto parchment lined baking sheets. Pop any bubbles that form. Let the cookies sit on parchment paper for at least 30 minutes. The cookies are done when the top is hard and cookie shell does not come away when touched.
- Bake macaroons 20-25 minutes.
- Allow macaroons to cool until ready to handle, then remove macaroons from the parchment paper. Cool on a wire rack.
- As macaroons are cooling, combine remaining powered sugar, milk, vanilla extract and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients together until they are airy.
- Spread buttercream mixture onto half the macaroons. Place other halves on to make sandwich-style cookies.
- Roll macaroons in crushed candy canes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >