Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
The creamy pumpkin pie center is a brilliant contrast to the crunchy pecan.
|3/4 cup milk|
|15 oz pumpkin puree|
|1 1/2 cup flour|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon ice water|
|2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice|
|1/3 cup pecans|
|3/4 teaspoon sea salt|
|6 tablespoons butter, (unsalted, cut into small chunks)|
- Finely grind pecans in food processor. Pour ground pecans into a mixing bowl, add in 1/4 teaspoon salt, butter and flour. Stir together until contents resembles jagged crumbs.
- Slowly pour in ice water, the ingredients should just begin to form dough. Once doughy, lightly flatten out, place onto large plate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, roll out into 13 inch circle. Place into pie pan, fold edges over and crimp. Place back in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place pie pan in oven, bake 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven to 350° F.
- Combine, eggs and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until mixed well. Pour in milk, remaining salt, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Whisk again, contents should be well mixed.
- Pour pie mix into the pie pan. Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >