Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
The creamy pumpkin pie center is a brilliant contrast to the crunchy pecan.
|3/4 cup milk|
|15 oz pumpkin puree|
|1 1/2 cup flour|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon ice water|
|2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice|
|1/3 cup pecans|
|3/4 teaspoon sea salt|
|6 tablespoons butter, (unsalted, cut into small chunks)|
- Finely grind pecans in food processor. Pour ground pecans into a mixing bowl, add in 1/4 teaspoon salt, butter and flour. Stir together until contents resembles jagged crumbs.
- Slowly pour in ice water, the ingredients should just begin to form dough. Once doughy, lightly flatten out, place onto large plate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, roll out into 13 inch circle. Place into pie pan, fold edges over and crimp. Place back in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place pie pan in oven, bake 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven to 350° F.
- Combine, eggs and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until mixed well. Pour in milk, remaining salt, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Whisk again, contents should be well mixed.
- Pour pie mix into the pie pan. Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >