Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
The creamy pumpkin pie center is a brilliant contrast to the crunchy pecan.
|3/4 cup milk|
|15 oz pumpkin puree|
|1 1/2 cup flour|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon ice water|
|2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice|
|1/3 cup pecans|
|3/4 teaspoon sea salt|
|6 tablespoons butter, (unsalted, cut into small chunks)|
- Finely grind pecans in food processor. Pour ground pecans into a mixing bowl, add in 1/4 teaspoon salt, butter and flour. Stir together until contents resembles jagged crumbs.
- Slowly pour in ice water, the ingredients should just begin to form dough. Once doughy, lightly flatten out, place onto large plate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, roll out into 13 inch circle. Place into pie pan, fold edges over and crimp. Place back in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place pie pan in oven, bake 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven to 350° F.
- Combine, eggs and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until mixed well. Pour in milk, remaining salt, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Whisk again, contents should be well mixed.
- Pour pie mix into the pie pan. Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >