Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
White Bean Soup with Seasoned Ham
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A simple recipe that so tasty and filling as is, add more ham if you’re looking for a heartier soup.
|2 cups ham, (cooked, chopped)|
|20 oz white beans, (canned, drained)|
|6 cups chicken broth|
|2 cups water|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|4 garlic cloves, (minced)|
|15 oz tomatoes, (diced)|
|1 yellow onion, (chopped)|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Pour oil into a medium pan, turn heat to medium. Once hot, sauté onion until tender. Once tender, toss in garlic and cook for 1 minutes.
- Pour in salt, water, pepper and broth into pan. Turn heat up and bring contents to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for an hour.
- Pour a cup of white beans into food processor and make smooth. Pour smooth beans back into pan. Toss in tomatoes and ham, stir together. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >