Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Texas-Sized Brunch with Cornbread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A hearty cornbread that can feed even the hungriest person.
|1 loaf cornbread|
|3 cups Cheddar cheese, (shredded)|
|8 oz bacon|
|6 green onions, (chopped)|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 cups milk|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (optional)|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Fill a medium with water, place in eggs and bring to a boil. Cook 10-12 minutes. Discard water and peel boiled eggs. Chop in to small chunks.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet, cook until crispy. Place on paper towel, once cool crumble bacon in small pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Pour in flour and whisk together, pour in milk and whisk until thickened.
- Add in 2 cups cheese, and eggs. Stir together then add salt, sour cream, pepper and cayenne. Stir all ingredients together, keep warm.
- Slice cornbread into 6 pieces. Spoon on a large portion of warm ingredients onto each cornbread slice. Top off with back, remaining cheese and green onion.
|Course:||Brunch, breakfast, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >