Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Texas-Sized Brunch with Cornbread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
This dish has a hearty portion of everything in a traditional breakfast, eggs, bacon, milk with cornbread. Enough to fill even the hungriest person!
|1 loaf cornbread|
|3 cups Cheddar cheese, (shredded)|
|8 oz bacon|
|6 green onions, (chopped)|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 cups milk|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (optional)|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Fill a medium with water, place in eggs and bring to a boil. Cook 10-12 minutes. Discard water and peel boiled eggs. Chop in to small chunks.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet, cook until crispy. Place on paper towel, once cool crumble bacon in small pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Pour in flour and whisk together, pour in milk and whisk until thickened.
- Add in 2 cups cheese, and eggs. Stir together then add salt, sour cream, pepper and cayenne. Stir all ingredients together, keep warm.
- Slice cornbread into 6 pieces. Spoon on a large portion of warm ingredients onto each cornbread slice. Top off with back, remaining cheese and green onion.
|Course:||Brunch, breakfast, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >