Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Beef Enchiladas
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A Tex-Mex favorite for fans of spicy foods.
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 jalapeno, minced|
|8 corn tortillas|
|2 teaspoon coarse salt|
|1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese|
|2 tablespoon chipotle sauce|
|3/4 cup water|
|1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/4 cup flour|
|14 1/2 oz chicken broth|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan. Sprinkle in flour, cooking for about 1 minute. Mix in water, chili powder, chipotle sauce and chicken broth. Bring contents to a boil, whisking continually. After mixed, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in salt, onion, beef, black pepper, minced jalapeno and garlic. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Place all tortillas in foil, warm in oven for 10 minutes. Remove then raise the temperature to 450° F.
- Spoon sauce into baking dish. Remove from foil, scoop in filling and sprinkle with cheese. Roll each tortilla tightly and place into baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Once baking dish is full, place inside oven and bake 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >