Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow-Cooker Chuck Roast Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
When it comes to flavorful beef, the chuck roast is hard to beat.
|1/2 green bell pepper|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|2 lbs chuck roast, cut into cubes|
|1 white onion, finely diced|
|2 cups beef broth|
|8 oz tomato sauce|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|6 oz tomato paste|
|6 corn tortillas, soft or crunchy, warmed|
|Shredded cheese, for topping|
- Sprinkle beef evenly with salt.
- Cook beef in batches in a Dutch oven with oil. Cook 5-7 minutes, until thoroughly browned. Remove beef and place in warming container. Do not drain Dutch oven.
- After all beef is cooked, add chili powder to Dutch oven, cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomato paste and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in beef broth and beef, stir all ingredients together.
- Pour Dutch oven ingredients into a slow cooker. Add onion bell pepper, tomato sauce, pepper and cumin to slow comer. Cook on high for 4 hours. Reduce heat to low, cook for 6 hours.
- Serve with warm tortillas. Add cheese and other toppings if desired.
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >