Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Good Old-Fashioned Onion Rings
Rate this Recipe
Serves 24 |
These onion rings are easy, quick and perfect for snacking.
|2 cups flour|
|1 cup milk|
|3 sweet onions, peeled, sliced into rings|
|1 quart oil, for frying|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|1 tablespoon white vinegar|
|3 egg whites|
|2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon salt, flour and 1 teaspoon pepper. In separate bowl, whisk eggs whites, remaining salt and pepper, vinegar and milk, until frothy.
- Dip onion rings in wet mixture, then flour mixture, evenly coat with flour and dip again in wet and dry mixtures.
- Place onion rings in hot oil, fry until golden brown. Remove and dry on paper towels. Serve soon afterward and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >