Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Baking makes these a healthy alternative to the restaurant variety.
|1 cup bread crumbs|
|1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 tablespoon butter, (melted)|
|1 tablespoon water|
|12 sticks string cheese|
|2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning|
|1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Put flour in a small bowl. In a second bowl, combine eggs and water, beat together. In a third bowl, mix together garlic powder, bread crumbs, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cover cheese sticks with flour, then dip into egg mixture then coat with bread crumbs. Repeat second and third coatings for better coverage. Repeat process until all cheese sticks are coated.
- Place coated cheese sticks on a baking sheet. Drizzle cheese sticks with butter and bake 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with warmed marinara or spaghetti sauce.
|Cooking Method:||Oven, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >