Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Baking makes these a healthy alternative to the restaurant variety.
|1 cup bread crumbs|
|1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 tablespoon butter, (melted)|
|1 tablespoon water|
|12 sticks string cheese|
|2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning|
|1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Put flour in a small bowl. In a second bowl, combine eggs and water, beat together. In a third bowl, mix together garlic powder, bread crumbs, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cover cheese sticks with flour, then dip into egg mixture then coat with bread crumbs. Repeat second and third coatings for better coverage. Repeat process until all cheese sticks are coated.
- Place coated cheese sticks on a baking sheet. Drizzle cheese sticks with butter and bake 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with warmed marinara or spaghetti sauce.
|Cooking Method:||Oven, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >