Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet Bing Cherry Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6-8 |
A pie that is even sweeter due to the Bing cherries.
|1 cup sugar|
|1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, (cut to small pieces)|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|4 cups Bing cherries, (pitted)|
|1 tablespoon orange zest|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 pie crust|
|2 tablespoons orange juice|
|1/4 teaspoon almond extract|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Also prepare pie crust. (According to package directions)
- With cherries in large bowl, combine lemon and orange juices with cornstarch. Once mixed, put in salt, cinnamon and sugar. Add mixture to cherry bowl and toss well. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Add in orange zest and almond extract to cherries. Toss until well mixed.
- Place bottom pie crust in pie pan. Ladle in cherry mixture until evenly dispersed. Place top crust over cherries. Moisten crust and seal edges shut, cutting off excess. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes at 450° F. After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350° F. and bake another 45 minutes. Pie is finished when top if golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >