Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Healthy Veggie Baked Ziti
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
The addition of summer vegetables makes this dish not only flavorful but also colorful.
|4 ounces ziti noodles|
|1 cup mozzarella cheese, (shredded)|
|1/4 cup ricotta cheese|
|2 tablespoons fresh basil, (chopped)|
|2 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 teaspoons fresh oregano, (chopped)|
|2 cups tomato, (chopped)|
|2 cups yellow squash, (chopped)|
|1 cup zucchini, (chopped)|
|1/2 cup onion, (chopped)|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon red pepper, (crushed)|
|1 egg, (lightly beaten)|
- Preheat oven to 400° F and cook pasta according to package.
- In a skillet, heat to medium-high and add oil. Sauté zucchini, squash and onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic and tomato, sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add to pasta, mix in pepper, herbs, 1/2 of both mozzarella and salt.
- Combine remaining salt, egg and ricotta, and then add to pasta mix. Coat baking dish with cooking spray and place ingredients into dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake for 15 minutes. (Until browned and bubbling)
|Main Ingredient:||Ziti, Pasta|
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >