Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hot and Sweet Tofu with Rice
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Quick, easy and full of fantastic flavor.
|1 bag long grain rice|
|2 teaspoons canola oil|
|1 package firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1 teaspoon honey|
|1/4 cup hoisin sauce|
|2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil|
|1 tablespoon sherry|
|2/3 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth|
|1 teaspoon cornstarch|
|Pinch of crushed red pepper|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|2 teaspoons minced ginger|
|1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions|
- Prepare rice according to directions, omitting fat and salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add tofu, sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry, chicken broth, cornstarch and red pepper; set aside.
- Add garlic, ginger and onions to skillet; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in honey mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add tofu to skillet; cook 30 seconds, stirring gently to coat.
- Serve with cooked rice.
|Main Ingredient:||Grains, Rice, Tofu/Soy|
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >