Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hot and Sweet Tofu with Rice
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Quick, easy and full of fantastic flavor.
|1 bag long grain rice|
|2 teaspoons canola oil|
|1 package firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1 teaspoon honey|
|1/4 cup hoisin sauce|
|2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil|
|1 tablespoon sherry|
|2/3 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth|
|1 teaspoon cornstarch|
|Pinch of crushed red pepper|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|2 teaspoons minced ginger|
|1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions|
- Prepare rice according to directions, omitting fat and salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add tofu, sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry, chicken broth, cornstarch and red pepper; set aside.
- Add garlic, ginger and onions to skillet; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in honey mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add tofu to skillet; cook 30 seconds, stirring gently to coat.
- Serve with cooked rice.
|Main Ingredient:||Grains, Rice, Tofu/Soy|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >