Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Rib Roast with Herb Crust
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
This juicy roast takes very little effort to prepare.
|2 teaspoons prepared horseradish|
|2 tablespoons sour cream|
|Coarse salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 cup fresh breadcrumbs|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary and sage|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1 boneless rib-eye roast, 2 1/2lb.|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix together horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl and then season with salt and black pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and olive oil and then season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season roast with salt and black pepper; place roast in skillet and sear until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer roast to a cutting board; spread horseradish mixture onto one side of roast and then top roast with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to make it stick. Return roast to skillet. Place skillet in oven and cook roast for about 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center reads 140 degrees F (medium-rare).
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Rib-eye Roast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >