Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Spaghetti with meat sauce is a weeknight dinner standard.
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|8 oz. mushrooms, sliced|
|1/4 teaspoon basil|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon oregano|
|2 cans tomatoes, 14.5 oz. each|
|1 can tomato paste, 6 oz.|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into chunks|
|1 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained|
|Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Cook onion and ground beef together in a Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add mushrooms, basil, garlic powder, oregano, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover Dutch oven and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper; simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve sauce with cooked spaghetti and Parmesan cheese.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Pasta|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >