Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Spaghetti with meat sauce is a weeknight dinner standard.
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|8 oz. mushrooms, sliced|
|1/4 teaspoon basil|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon oregano|
|2 cans tomatoes, 14.5 oz. each|
|1 can tomato paste, 6 oz.|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into chunks|
|1 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained|
|Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Cook onion and ground beef together in a Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add mushrooms, basil, garlic powder, oregano, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover Dutch oven and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper; simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve sauce with cooked spaghetti and Parmesan cheese.
|Main Ingredient:||Pasta, Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >