Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Spaghetti with meat sauce is a weeknight dinner standard.
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|8 oz. mushrooms, sliced|
|1/4 teaspoon basil|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon oregano|
|2 cans tomatoes, 14.5 oz. each|
|1 can tomato paste, 6 oz.|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into chunks|
|1 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained|
|Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Cook onion and ground beef together in a Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add mushrooms, basil, garlic powder, oregano, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover Dutch oven and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper; simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve sauce with cooked spaghetti and Parmesan cheese.
|Main Ingredient:||Pasta, Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >