Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Penne Pasta with Italian Sausage and Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
This pasta dish will be a huge hit at the dinner table.
|1 lb. penne pasta|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, hot or sweet, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 onion, sliced|
|1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|1 tablespoon basil, dried|
|1 can tomatoes, diced, juices reserved|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
|Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnishing|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet set over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until lightly golden, about 45 seconds.
- Add sausage to skillet then stir and cook for about 8 minutes, until just browned.
- Add onion and peppers to skillet then stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until almost tender.
- Mix in oregano, basil, and tomatoes with juices. Season with salt and pepper; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Pour over pasta, toss together then serve with grated Parmesan.
|Main Ingredient:||Pasta, Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >