Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pear and Berry Crisp
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
This easy crisp recipe is a great choice when you're cravin a warm winter dessert.
|1 ounce bag frozen mixed berries|
|1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|5 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup packed light brown sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/2 cup rolled oats|
|4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces|
|6 to 7 ripe pears, peeled and cut into ¾-inch pieces|
|1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, Directions|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels; spread frozen berries on baking sheet and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature so they can thaw.
- While berries are thawing, make oatmeal topping. Combine ¼ cup flour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, light brown sugar, allspice and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add oats to bowl; stir. Add butter to bowl; incorporate butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or using your fingers, until moist and large clumps form. Refrigerate topping.
- Combine thawed berries, pears, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar in a large bowl; stir to combine. Transfer berry mixture to a 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with chilled topping. Bake for about 45 minutes or until topping is golden and fruit is tender. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
|Main Ingredient:||Grains, Oats, Fruit|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >