Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 loaf |
Perfectly sweet and moist, enjoy a slice any time.
|1/2 cup dates, (chopped)|
|1 cup boiling water|
|2 cups bananas, (very ripe, mashed)|
|1/2 cup applesauce, (unsweetened)|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup sorghum flour|
|1 1/2 cups brown rice flour|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup walnuts, (chopped)|
|1/3 cup butter, (melted)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place dates in a small bowl and then pour boiling water over them; let dates stand 10 minutes. Drain; pat dates dry and set aside.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and lightly whisk. Add bananas, applesauce, sugar and vanilla; whisk until blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sorghum flour, brown rice flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Gently combine flour mixture and egg mixture, stirring until just blended. Gently stir in dates, walnuts and melted butter. Spoon bread mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool bread in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and completely cool on wire rack.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >