Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 loaf |
Perfectly sweet and moist, enjoy a slice any time.
|1/2 cup dates, (chopped)|
|1 cup boiling water|
|2 cups bananas, (very ripe, mashed)|
|1/2 cup applesauce, (unsweetened)|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup sorghum flour|
|1 1/2 cups brown rice flour|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup walnuts, (chopped)|
|1/3 cup butter, (melted)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place dates in a small bowl and then pour boiling water over them; let dates stand 10 minutes. Drain; pat dates dry and set aside.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and lightly whisk. Add bananas, applesauce, sugar and vanilla; whisk until blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sorghum flour, brown rice flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Gently combine flour mixture and egg mixture, stirring until just blended. Gently stir in dates, walnuts and melted butter. Spoon bread mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool bread in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and completely cool on wire rack.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >