Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Creamy Vidalia French Onion Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Perfectly seasoned, perfectly rich, easy to enjoy.
|4 Vidalia onions, thinly sliced|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|1 tablespoon flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1 cup milk|
|1/2 cup heavy whipping cream|
|3 egg yolks, beaten|
|1 1/2 teaspoons paprika|
|to taste ground black pepper|
|1/8 tablespoon hot pepper sauce|
|2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped|
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add onions: saute until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour and salt, and mix thoroughly. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring constantly. Cover, and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- When onions are very tender, stir in milk and cream. Heat through. Remove 1/2 cup soup, and mix in egg yolks. Slowly stir egg yolk mixture into soup in pan. Heat through, but do not allow soup to boil. Stir in paprika, black pepper, and red hot pepper sauce. Serve hot, and garnish with chopped parsley.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >