Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Asparagus is easy to prepare and makes an elegant addition to any meal.
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 pound asparagus, trimmed and peeled|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, Directions|
- Set a 12-inch straight-sided saute pan over high heat.
- Add oil to saute pan; heat until barely smoking.
- Add asparagus in a single layer to saute pan; season asparagus with salt and black pepper. Cook asparagus without moving until lightly browned, about 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Shake saute pan and continue cooking asparagus for 1 to 1 ½ minutes more.
- Add butter and stock to saute pan; cover pan. Continue cooking asparagus, covered, for about 7 to 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender and butter and stock have emulsified and reduced to a shiny glaze. Note: If stock has completely evaporated, you can top asparagus with a few tablespoons of water.
|Main Ingredient:||Produce, Vegetable|
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >