Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Asparagus is easy to prepare and makes an elegant addition to any meal.
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 pound asparagus, trimmed and peeled|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, Directions|
- Set a 12-inch straight-sided saute pan over high heat.
- Add oil to saute pan; heat until barely smoking.
- Add asparagus in a single layer to saute pan; season asparagus with salt and black pepper. Cook asparagus without moving until lightly browned, about 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Shake saute pan and continue cooking asparagus for 1 to 1 ½ minutes more.
- Add butter and stock to saute pan; cover pan. Continue cooking asparagus, covered, for about 7 to 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender and butter and stock have emulsified and reduced to a shiny glaze. Note: If stock has completely evaporated, you can top asparagus with a few tablespoons of water.
|Main Ingredient:||Produce, Vegetable|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >