Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A tasty side dish for any meal!
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 1/4 lbs eggplant, cut into a small dice|
|1 medium onion, chopped fine|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped fine|
|1/2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped fine|
|1/4 cup capers, drained and chopped|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup golden raisins|
|1/4 cup pignolis (pine nuts), toasted|
|1 cup ripe tomatoes (preferably Italian plum), diced|
|to taste Sugar|
|1/4 cup Italian flat-leafed parsley, chopped fine|
- Heat half the olive oil in a skillet over high heat and cook the eggplant for about five minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the eggplant and place in a bowl. Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the oil to the skillet.
- When it is hot add the onion and celery and cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the olives, the capers, the vinegar, the sugar, the raisins, the pine nuts and the tomatoes.
- Cover the pan and cook for another ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add everything to the eggplant. Stir in the parsley. For best results, let the caponata cool and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Serve with small toasts (bruschetta), with your favorite pasta, or as a compliment to polenta.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >