Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiled Skirt Steak with Chili-Roasted Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
The classic steak and potatoes meal with a Southwestern twist.
|1 1/2 pounds gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|6 thyme sprigs|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 lemon, quartered|
|1 1/2 pounds skirt steak|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, oil, thyme sprigs, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Transfer potatoes to a roasting pan and cook for about 40 minutes until potatoes are crisp and golden brown; stir once during cooking time. When potatoes are finished cooking remove and set aside.
- Heat broiler. Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place steak on a broiler pan then broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or until desired degree of doneness is reached. Transfer to a cutting board and let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with potatoes and lemon quarters.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Skirt Steak|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >