Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiled Skirt Steak with Chili-Roasted Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
The classic steak and potatoes meal is given a Southwestern twist in this recipe with the addition of chili powder.
|1 1/2 pounds gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|6 thyme sprigs|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|to taste kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 1/2 pounds skirt steak|
|1 lemon, quartered|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, oil, thyme sprigs, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Transfer potatoes to a roasting pan and cook for about 40 minutes until potatoes are crisp and golden brown; stir once during cooking time. When potatoes are finished cooking remove and set aside.
- Heat broiler. Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place steak on a broiler pan then broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or until desired degree of doneness is reached. Transfer to a cutting board and let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with potatoes and lemon quarters.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Skirt Steak|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >