Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A Thanksgiving classic made easy!
|3 lb. yams, quartered|
|2 sticks butter, softened|
|1 1/4 cups brown sugar|
|3 cups miniature marshmallows|
|Ground cinnamon, to taste|
|Ground nutmeg, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add yams and boil until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and peel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir yams into marshmallow sauce. While stirring mash about half of the yams, and break the others into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover top evenly with remaining marshmallows. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >