Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Corn and Potato Chowder with Bacon
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Hearty and filling from the first bite to the last.
|3 slices bacon|
|1 1/2 cups onion, diced|
|3 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1/2 cup half and half|
|1/2 cup 2% milk|
|1/2 lb. round fingerling potato slices|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|Parsley, for garnish|
- Set a dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from dutch oven and crumble.
- Add onion to drippings in pan; cook and stir until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add corn, garlic and thyme to pan; cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth, half and half, milk, and potatoes. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place about 2 cups of the potato mixture in a blender. Remove the center piece of the blender lid to allow steam to escape. Place blender lid on blender then put a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth, then return blended mixture to pan.
- Stir in salt and black pepper. When ready to serve, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and garnish with thyme sprigs.
|Course:||Dinner, lunch, soup|
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >