Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Coconut Rice
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Small package, big flavors!
|1 slice bacon, finely chopped|
|1 jalapeno chile, minced|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1 teaspoon coarse salt|
|1 1/4 cups water|
|3/4 cup coconut milk, canned|
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained|
|2 scallions, minced|
- Brown bacon in a medium saucepan that is set over medium-low heat; cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often. Pour off fat.
- Add jalapeno, garlic, thyme and salt. Cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add water and coconut milk; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and beans. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for about 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.
- Let sit, covered, for 10 minutes, until water is absorbed.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >